Thanksgiving is horrifyingly close, so it’s time to start thinking about what you’ll bring to dinner. Let your relatives bring the mashed potatoes and green beans… you can show up with a unique dish that will be stiff competition for the turkey…
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- Yellow mustard
- 4 tbsp. butter; melted
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon strips but reserve 2 tablespoons of fat in the skillet. Chop bacon.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, then add ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Flatten each biscuit round to about ¼” thickness. Top each round of dough with cooked ground beef, pickles, mustard, cooked bacon, and cheese. Pinch the edges together to create a ball. (It will look like a dumpling).
- Place the burger bombs seam side-down on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the dough with melted butter, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake until the biscuits are golden and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve with ketchup.
Total time: 0:50, Prep time 0:30, Serves 8
Recipe by Lauren Miyashiro on Delish