When Drew picked this month’s recipe, the 100° weather we’ve seen all Summer was on his mind. He was considering one recipe until he saw the 8-hour cook time for it… “NO! It’s just too hot to be cooking!” And that brings us to this tasty twist on tuna salad that has no cooking at all…
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-“ half-moons (6 cups)
- 3 celery stalks, cut into ¼” pieces, inner leaves reserved
- 2 5-oz cans solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- Coarse salt and finely ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, stir together poppy seeds, vinegar, sugar, and oil.
- Add cucumbers, celery, and tuna; season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with celery leaves and serve immediately (or refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day).