We frequently have to give clients bad news… their car is “Economically Totaled”. That’s what we call it when the cost of repairs outweighs the value of the vehicle. What do you do when you’re in a situation like that, where you can’t sell the car but you can’t afford to fix it either? Time to consider Donation. There are many charities who would love to come pick up your car (running or not) and sell it at auction. Then they give you a certificate for the sale amount and you take the deduction for the charitable contribution on your taxes. (Watch out for scams, though. There’s a great article from Goodwill on “How Avoid Vehicle Donation Scams” that you may want to read.) Granted, it’s not as nice as cash, but it is a good way out of a tight situation. There are many charities who are set up to do this, but here are a few we like…
Or Check Out our reviews on sites like these…
We’re also certified by these groups…
- Tom’s Tidbits- We’ve been in Sellwood 30 years. With your help, we’ll be here 30 more!
- Keith Tucker is back in the What NOW?!! Toons drivers’ seat!
- 30 years in Sellwood! It’s been 30 years in Sellwood. Let’s do 30 more!
- Here’s What Effective Journalism Looks Like A feel-good story about things working like they should. Sort of.
- Where The Rubber Meets The Road Tire Basics boot camp