There’s nothing better than Mexican food, but paradoxically there’s nothing better than a good burger. How to resolve this cognitive dissonance? Drew makes it a snap with this month’s recipe, Quesadilla Burgers…
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar
- 1½ cups shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 ½ cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, jalapeno, an chili powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix until just combined.
- Shape mixture into four large, thin patties. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the patties and cook until cooked to your desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side.
- Set aside burgers and wipe skillet clean. In the same skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add one flour tortilla and top with cheddar, Monterey Jack, and lettuce.
- Place one cooked burger on top then sprinkle more cheese and top with pico de gallo. Drizzle with sour cream then place a second tortilla on tip. Cook until the bottom tortilla is golden, about 2 minutes
- Carefully flip quesadilla and cook until the other side is golden, about 2 more minutes. Repeat with remaining ingredients and burgers. Serve immediately.
And this month, Drew’s made the Kitchen extra easy with a video explaining the whole thing!
And thanks to the folks at Delish for the original recipe!