I’m Tom Dwyer,
The vision of our country as a banquet for the Rich, where Poor and Working Class people squabble beneath the table over fallen scraps, has a name. It’s the very definition of a “trickle down” economy.
Our slow rise to democracy taught us a strong middle class creates a strong sustainable society. Our laws and government once supported this idea.
While creating the structure for a free market, they also limited monopolies, encouraged unions and labor standards, valued education and protected our rights and the environment.
The last thirty years have proven clearly; merely giving more to an economic royalist class does not benefit the majority.
Our economy has doubled since 1980 but wages have remained flat and the benefits have gone to the top 1% of our society, along with the political power. It’s no surprise that government no longer responds to the remaining 99% of us.
I don’t believe democracy can survive on table scraps… Do you?
By phone at (five oh three, two three oh, twenty three hundred) or online at (tom dwyer dot com) we’re Tom Dwyer Automotive Services… trusted to keep your vehicles, safe, breakdown-free and operating at their best!
(c)2011 Tom Dwyer Automotive Services